Easter is fast approaching, and our maraschino cherries and glace fruit mixes can help make your holiday feast memorable this year.
Our maraschino cherries are available for purchase from our website, and our glace fruit mixes can be purchased and shipped by calling our office at 1-800-431-0718.
Let us know if you try these recipes and how they turn out!
Hot Cross Buns with Glace Fruit
4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) fast-rising yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
1 – ¼ cups milk
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
½ cup dark raisins
¾ cup (6 oz.) Leelanau Fruit Glace Fruit Mix
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 cup confectioners sugar
3 to 4 teaspoons milk
Combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in large bowl. Heat milk and butter in small saucepan until butter is melted and milk registers 125 to 130 degrees; add to flour mixture mixing until smooth. Beat in eggs. Mix in enough remaining flour to make smooth dough; mix in raisins, pineapple and fruit & peel mix. Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place dough in bowl; let rise, covered, in warm place until double in size, 30 to 45 minutes. Punch dough down.
Shape dough into 3 dozen balls; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Let rise, loosely covered, until double in size, about 30 minutes. Beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over tops of rolls. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Mix confectioners sugar with enough milk to make thick glaze consistency. Drizzle a cross of frosting over the top of each roll.
Makes 3 dozen
Holiday Manhattan Bundt Cake with Spiked Bourbon Glaze
20 oz. Leelanau Fruit Maraschino Cherries
4 large eggs
1 tbs grated fresh orange zest
¾ c bourbon
2 tbsp sweet red vermouth
2 ½ c all-purpose flour
2c granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsps. Salt
16 tbsp (2 sticks) salted butter, cut into chunks, softened
1 c powdered sugar
2 to 2 ½ tbsp. bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Drain cherries and reserve 6 cherries for garnish; roughly chop remaining cherries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, orange zest, ¾ c bourbon and vermouth until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed, adding butter, 1 chunk at a time. When all butter has been incorporated, beat at medium-low speed until mixture is crumbly, about 30 seconds.
- With mixer on low, add egg mixture in a steady stream. Scrape down the sides of the bow, increase speed to medium-high, and beat until batter is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped cherries.
- Lightly grease of spray a nonstick Bundt pan and pour batter evenly into pan. Rap on counter to release any air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven on a lower rack until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through baking. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp bourbon until smooth. (Start with 2 tbsp bourbon and add a little more if needed)
- Turn the cake out onto a cookie sheet or serving platter and drizzle with glaze while cake is still slightly warm. Garnish with reserved maraschino cherries.