It is getting beautiful in Leelanau County. Fall is in the air, and the leaves are changing colors. We’ve had a great week at Leelanau Fruit Company, and we’d like to share some of our “favorites” that have made us happy this week. Enjoy!
By Renee Spaulding
1. Sporting Event – MSU vs. UOM…..I am a diehard MSU fan and love college football. I look forward to this game every year. Check out this article on the importance of this game to the MSU organization. http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/10/13/michigan-state-spartans-michigan-rivalry/73888866/
2. Favorite Pandora Station – Hip Hop BBQ…do yourself a favor and check it out if you miss this type of music from the 90’s and early 2000’s. It pumps me when running and brings back great memories!
3. Favorite place to watch the sunset in Leelanau County – Pyramid Point. This is located in the National Park and allows you to get in a nice hike with a beautiful view as a bonus. Check out this link for additional information on it. http://www.nps.gov/slbe/planyourvisit/trailpyramidpt.htm
4. Favorite Fall Treat – Pumpkin donut from Chimoski’s Bakery in Suttons Bay. If you haven’t been here you have to check them out….if a donut isn’t your thing don’t worry, Tina and the girls have all sorts of yummy treats waiting for you. If you don’t like pumpkin, I would recommend trying something with cherries in it! https://www.facebook.com/ChimoskiBakery?fref=ts
5. Favorite Place to go on a Boat – Elk Rapids Sand Bar – If you have never been it is worth the boat ride… well, pretty much everywhere you go on a boat is pretty amazing in this area. This sandbar offers crystal clear water and a smooth sandy bottom for hours of fun in the sun 🙂