Welcome to the October 9th edition of our Friday Five Favorites! It has been a busy week for Leelanau Fruit Company. We have been processing turnips (yes, turnips!), packing glace fruit mixes, and prepping for a plant tour. We’d like to share some of our favorites from this week. So, without further adieu, here are our Five Friday Favorites.
By Ben LaCross
1. Music that made me smile this week: I heard Michael Jackson’s “Black or white” on the radio this week and was reminded of some of the incredible songs that guy put out. His personal controversy aside, Jacko could make music with the best of them.
2. Must-read blog post: Ok, this one is going to be a little self-serving, but Leelanau County is beginning to show signs of peak fall color, and we had fun writing this piece. Check out “A locals Top 10 reasons why M-22 is the best road for color tours” here: https://leelanaufruit.com/a-locals-top-10-reasons-why-m-22-is-the-best-road-for-color-tours/
3. Must-read post that we didn’t write: The Livestrong website posted this very informative article about cherries. We love that others love our fruit as much as we do! http://www.livestrong.com/article/24160-health-benefits-tart-cherry-juice/
4. Sporting event we are excited for: Michigan State vs. Rutgers, Saturday night, 8pm. Not only are we excited that MSU is 5-0, we have several members of the extended Leelanau Fruit family who will attend the game in New Jersey.
5. Speaking of New Jersey: The reason why our LFC family is in New Jersey is because Glenn and Judy LaCross’s daughter, Maria, married a great guy who is in the Coast Guard. A helicopter pilot, Jim is based out of U. S. Coast Guard Station Atlantic City. Check out their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/AirStaAC?fref=ts.
So there you have it. Do you like this blog feature? Let us know! We love to hear your feedback. And as always, if you like what we are doing, share our stuff on Facebook.